The Wakefield Planning Commission is comprised of nine members, three of which must include, City Manager, the Mayor and a City Council Member. These three voting members serve on the Commission during the length of their terms. The remaining members serve on three year (calendar) terms and are appointed by the Mayor with the support of the Council.
Planning Commission board members serve without compensation and are required to be residents of the City of Wakefield. The Planning Commission is authorized and empowered to make, adopt, amend, extend, and add to or carry out Municipal Plans as provided by Law. The Wakefield Planning Commission is also named as being the City’s Park and Recreation Committee, which is required for Funding through various Grant Agencies.
Planning Commission meetings are held on the Tuesday after the second Monday of each month at 5:30 P.M. (unless otherwise noted under City Events). Meetings take place in the Council Chambers of the Wakefield Municipal Building, 509 Sunday Lake Street, Wakefield, MI 49968. Agenda information can be obtained by contacting the City Manager at 906-229-5131 x 1006 or citymanager@cityofwakefieldmi.
*The Planning Commission currently has no openings. When one occurs, a notice will be posted on this page.
Current Planning Commission Members/Terms are:
- Robert A. Brown Jr., City Manager - citymanager@cityofwakefieldmi.
- Dale White, Mayor (Expires- 11/3/2026) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Mike Zeckovich, Councilmember (Expires- 11/3/2023) - zeckovichm@cityofwakefieldmi.
- Karen Manson- Alternate(Expires- 12/31/2023) - email@example.com
- Marco Movrich (Expires- 12/31/2023) - firstname.lastname@example.org
- Robert Lane - Co-Chairperson(Expires- 12/31/2024) - email@example.com
- Carrie Braspenick- Alternate (Expires- 12/31/2024) - braspenickc@cityofwakefieldmi.
- Tara Hamilton- Chairperson(Expires- 12/31/2025) - hamiltont@cityofwakefieldmi.
- Dion DelFavero - (Expires-12/31/2025) - delfaverod@cityofwakefieldmi.
Attend a Planning Commission Meeting
Meetings are typically the Tuesday after the second Monday of each month starting at 5:30 PM
Meetings are held in the Council Chambers in the Wakefield Municipal Building unless otherwise noted.
2021 Meeting Dates
- January 10, 2023
- January 23, 2023 (Annual Meeting with City Council)
- February 14, 2023
- March 14, 2023
- April 11, 2023
- May 9, 2023
- June 13, 2023
- July 11, 2023
- August 15, 2023
- September 12, 2023
- October 10, 2023
- November 14, 2023
- December 12, 2023